Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Privilege Password Recovery

tlbiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to reset the enable privilege password for a 5510 ASA firewall. Right now, it is currently configured a certain way for the company I work for and am not too familiar with their firewall configurations yet (my first week). Two questions: is there a link to reset this password that is fairly simple to follow along with and how do I reset the password ONLY without affecting any of the company's configurations? I'm super nervous about doing this as I am new to networking in general and don't want to get fired for screwing something up. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're posting this in the collaboration/UC forum, probably want to move this over to the security area for guidance on your question.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're posting this in the collaboration/UC forum, probably want to move this over to the security area for guidance on your question.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry about that! My first time posting on here and didn’t realize that the labels were limited. I couldn’t figure out how to delete my post either or move it but my problem was answered in the networking section.

Thank you for your response!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: