cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESXi versions and Call Manager Versions

stuart.pannell
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has a current CUCM setup running version 12.0 on ESXi 6.5, we are looking to move it to ESXi 7.0 and upgrade them though was hoping to do one step at a time. 

Will CUCM 12.0 run on ESXi 7.0 and would it be supported? - I know it's going EOL soon
Can CUCM 14.0 run on ESXi 6.5 and would it be supported?

Would it be better and is it possible to use PCD and move and upgrade at the same time? So it would be ESXi 7.0 SUx with CUCM 14.0.x

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you want to stay under the supported umbrella you’d need to do a phased upgrade by first upgrading CM to 12.5SU2+, then you can upgrade ESXi to 7.0 U1+, then you can upgrade CM to any 14 version, but I would strongly recommend SU2 as the others are buggy. For the ESXi 7.0 version you can go beyond the U1 version listed in the documentation as that only states the minimum version that can be used. For more details see this document. Virtualization for Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

If you want to stay under the supported umbrella you’d need to do a phased upgrade by first upgrading CM to 12.5SU2+, then you can upgrade ESXi to 7.0 U1+, then you can upgrade CM to any 14 version, but I would strongly recommend SU2 as the others are buggy. For the ESXi 7.0 version you can go beyond the U1 version listed in the documentation as that only states the minimum version that can be used. For more details see this document. Virtualization for Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: