cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Express messaging

Bernece Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to configure Unity connection to allow us to transfer directly to a VM box with the least amount of key strokes. We have it in our old Meridian Mail system and are trying to create a similar scenerio in Unity. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

so are you dialing into the auto attendant and then dialing the user's extension and wishing to over ride the transfer (assuming user's mailboxes are setup for transfer)?

you can always dial the extension followed by #2 all as one number (i.e. "1234#2" for the user at extension 1234). The #2 will over ride the transfer setting and drop the call directly to that user's greeting.

of course if you're users are not setup to ring their phone via auto attendant you can just dial the number directly and complete the transfer.

if you're not in the auto attendant and looking to over ride the forward to voice mail function on the phones to get to the user's greeting direclty that's a seperate issue...

express messaging for Meridian mail as I remember it was more of a rapid fire message addressing scenario (i.e. slam an extension in, leave a message, slam another extension in, leave a message) - which is a bit different than "transferring directly to a mailbox" - but perhaps I'm misunderstanding your scenario here.

Thanks for the response. In Meridian Mail all we did is dial a number 1260 and then put in the ext that we wanted to transfer to.

I tried to transfer 1234#2 but it doesn't go into VM. I might have broke something when I was trying to get something else to work. So I will keep looking. If you have any other ideas I'm open for them. Thanks

If you want to be able to transfer calls directly to a voicemail box you can do so by using the process described in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

The document is for CallManager 3.2 and Unity but the basic concept should still work for up to date versions.

Thank you for the link, but I am looking for how to take a live call on say my line and transfer it directly to someone elses mail box without it having to ring the phone.

jamesha,

Thank you for your information. After a second look that was what I was looking for.