Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway C & Edge license

sprintership
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In the process of upgrading from 12.5 to 15 Su1. Expressway C and Edge are part of the current 12.5 environment. Also, my account is part of a smart account. From what I remember we did not need any Expressway license. It's not even listed under my account. So I am worried about 15 version. Not sure if any license is needed for 15 and how to proceed when installing C & EDge of 15 version.

5 Replies 5

For MRA you don’t need any license. What are you using your Expressways for?

Response Signature

Only for jabber - and only for calling 

That's not really an answer to my question. But reading between the lines I think that you use it for MRA and for that you do not need any license. Once you set the C & E up for Smart Licensing you'll see entries in your virtual account in your smart account.

Response Signature

Ahhhh "Once you set the C & E up for Smart Licensing you'll see entries in your virtual account" - that was my concern. 

I assume I have to use my Cisco account which is part of my smart license account and log in from C & E when setting them up. 

Is that a question? There is no difference in registration to SL from any other UC system. If you know how it works in CM you’ll recognise it in Expressway as well.

Response Signature