Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility auto assignment cucm 7.1.5

runariversen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does anyone know if it is possible to have the extension Mobility enabled automatically on autoreg phones (on the actual device) ?

The only action i know off regarding this is to enable the service itself to the auto reg phone,  but we still need to enable the extenion mobility on each devie after the device is autoregistrated (using bat of course:o)

Anyone have anyy input on how to mke this a bit more easy ?

thanks,

runar

4 Replies 4

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ruanr,

You are correct.  EM enablement is a device specific configuration that cannot be auto enabled.  The quickest way to set EM on a device is just use the bulk admin tool to update all the phones.

Thx,

Dan K

hi, thanks for clearifying that

The reason for asking was that we were hoping to avoid doing this because we are enabling around 200 to 300 locations in 4 countries with a limited number of phones, but not at the same time.

the customer doesnt have the uccx in the scope today, but maybe we could use the taps function (still in uccx ?) to get the enduser to enable the phone and then get the "ext mob enabled" before the end users log in with the user device profile...doesnt sound to good doest it ?

br

runar

Runar,

Another thought is that you can use a very simple application that leverages our AXL interface to enable the EM profile to the device.  The application can query all defined devices and check for EM enablement.  If it's not enabled, issue an AXL command to enable it.  If you have < 1000 devices expected, then you can run this application every night (or more frequently) to update the devices.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

hi, thanks for the tip, i will look into it even though i hane very limited knowledge of axl porgramming

br

Runar