cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External voicemail access has suddenly stopped working

nard
Level 1
Level 1

I want to preface this by letting you know that before a month ago I had no working knowledge of CUCM or Unity and am learning as I go with our system, so please bear with me.

Internally our voicemail works fine, but within the last week when the vm pilot number is dialed from an external line we get "We're sorry the party you have dialed is not accepting calls at this time." Using CM and Unity ver. 10.5.1 

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is the Unity Connection Voicemail Pilot directly reachable from the PSTN , like if the Unity VM Pilot is 5000, then are you trying something like 212-314-5000 from PSTN to reach it?

If yes, check if there is any overlapping unassigned DN for the VM Pilot using Route Plan Report under Call rounting on cucm admin page. If yes, delete it. If not, then check CSS , partition settings if the call flow involves any Translation pattern.

If all these are verified then you need to use the Port status monitor on Unity Connection to see if the call actually reaches Unity Connection and what information about called / calling or redirecting parties is it carrying.

HTH

Manish

It was a translation pattern issue. Thank you for the guidance and your time.