Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding a Message by an Outlook Delegate

jdtoth30
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

We are using Unity 4.0.4 at our site and have a General Mailbox Setup for callers to leave messages for our CallCenter afterhours. When the CallCenter staff checks these messages using Outlook and ViewMail they would like to be able to forward these messages to other users if the message is appropriate for another dept. to handle. I have the CallCenter staff setup as Delegates of the General Mailbox in Outlook. When a user forwards a message out of this General VM to another user Unity does not recognize this as a VM message; therefore the receipents MWI does not light and they do not have the Media Master available when they open the message in Outlook. Is there some way that I can make Unity reconize these messages forwarded by a Delegate as VM messages?

Thanks,

Joe.

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joe -

How are the CallCenter staff forwarding the voice message? It sounds like they are using the Email forward option. You could validate this by adding the field Message Class to the user's Outlook. Right-click on one of the subject headers in Outlook and select Field Chooser. Then select All Mail Fields and drag the Message Class item up to your Outlook headers. A new column for Message Class will appear. When you open a voice message in Outlook with ViewMail installed on the PC, the Forward option on the voice form sends the file with the same message class ipm.note.voice.unity. This is the message class Unity needs to see in order to trigger MWI. Another way to do this is to highlight the voice message in Outlook and select Actions - Forward with Voice. The CallCenter staff can record an introduction to the message they are forwarding. Or include email text in the forwarded message. Either way will trigger MWI as it arrives in the user's inbox.

Sincerely,

Ginger

I am experiencing the exact same issue with VMO405. MWI does not light up and VMO forms do not appear. Most of our desktop users do not have speakers, so they listen to their messages when the VMO form launches and rings their phone.

In our case we have a helpdesk mailbox and all members of the helpdesk staff have full mailbox access to the helpdesk mailbox. If a staffer opens a voicemail message in their own mailbox and forwards it, the proper message class is retained as IPM.Note.Voice.Unity. If the staffer does the exact same thing on a voice message in the helpdesk mailbox, the message arrives as IPM.Note, thus if the recipient has no desktop speakers, the message is useless.

Windows 2000

Office 2003

VMO 4.0.5

Unity 4.0(3) SR1

CCM 4.1(2)

Exchange 2000 SP3 w/post sp3 rollup

Hi -

Do the Help Desk staff all have Send As privileges to the shared Helpdesk mailbox?

Ginger

I was never able to get this issue resolved, only to work around it by having the user(s) forward the message with an actual voice introduction recorded by them prior to sending the message.

If you are able to get it worked out so that users can simply forward the message without an intro I would love to hear how you did it.

Thanks

Joe

CSCsb24630 has been filed to track this issue.