cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Future support for four-digit private distribution lists?

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any future plans to expand the private list capacity to four digits?

An organization wants to be able to create a personal distribution list containing one user that correlates to the last 4 digits of the DID.

The organization uses a 10-digit E.164 dialplan with centralized unity, the execs don't want to message using 2 digits <PrivDL> or 10 digits <Sub>.

They have the ability to dial intra-site via the last 4 digits of the DID and want the same functionality in Unity.

As always, Thanks!

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No plans that I know of along these lines - first I've heard of such a thing.

I'm not entirely sure their approach is the right one here, however - if the 4 digit extensions are unique (which they must be if they're using them now) then why not add the 4 digit extensions as alternate extensions for users? Then they can address by either the 10 or the 4 digit Ids? If they are not unique, how are they doing this currently?

The customer has approximately 10,000 users across 300 sites migrating to IPT. Today, the voice / messaging systems are not centralized or networked.

We know from a dialplan analysis that there is some significant overlap in the last 4 digits across the enterprise. Callmanager has a good way of addressing this via the partition / css construct, but not so much with Unity in a large deployment. Atleast not that I've seen....

Can you think of any other way to pull this off?