cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting "Mailbox is full" message when the mailbox is not

Tim Saunders Jr
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 7.1.3 user are getting a "Mailbox is full" message when checking their mailbox. In some cases there are only a few messages, but not enough to warrant the full message.  Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

Did you delete all the Messages from the "Deleted items" folder via

the TUI. They may be sitting in there taking up the Mailbox storage

quota space which will cause users to recieve that prompt

Managing Deleted Messages

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user/guide/phone/7xcucugphone050.html

For our users, from the TUI (after Login) Press 3-2-2-1-1

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob,

that option was not available.  Unfortunatly I have stepped into an environment that was already set up.  I have checked the mailbox size and it is set to 40mb and they are only using 1mb. I went through the phone message to review old messages to delet them and it tells me there are no old messages.  The user is getting the option after deleting to perminently delete they are selecting 1 to do that.  The voicemail boxes are associted to an AD account.  I checked to see if email was full and no messages were prestent.  History of set up.  we have a areas where callers call in and unity picks up by System Handlers then they are presented press options some options go to a voicemail box that is check by at least two people daily.  the line is associated to at least 10 devices as for backup to checking vmail.  The agent will log in to check the message and is getting the "Your mailbox is full, you cannot recieve or send any messages please delete messages"  When calling from outside you can reach the vmail prompt and leave a message.  once the agent hears they delet the message.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

Just to clarify, the info I sent was for Unity Connection due to your

7.1.3 reference. But you are referencing Unity so maybe I'm out to lunch

here (wouldn't be the first time )

Have you tried one of the phones/mailboxes that is getting this prompt? Just

to hear what options are being given to the user.

Here is a reference for Unity instead of Unity Connection;

http://cisco.biz/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080b1a91e.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

no that was my bad.  It is Unity Connection Administration ver 7.1.3.

When I tried the first step you suggested the options were not available, so I starting looking at everything possible. Another site I was at incorporated Viewmail, however here they do not.  I did check one other thing and visual voice mail are on the phones 7962 and 7942 so I logged into the vmail account and before displaying the messages it gave me the same warning, but this time gave me the option to emptly the delete message folder.  however that did not correct the issue.  still get the vmail message is full.  I have TAC involved, but they are somewhat stumped as well.  this is my first time posting, however I have used some information on these sites and benefited from it. I appreciate the help.

Are these accounts unified? If they are it may be talking about their actual

email box size. I have had that happen a few times.