cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi, I am trying to upgrade CUCM 7.1.5 to 8.6.2 and I am receiving a pop up that states

jcox82488
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade CUCM 7.1.5 to 8.6.2 and I receiving a window after I reboot the VM. The installation is asking about a recovery disk?

It states my active partition as partition A

then the choices are:

[F]:[f] Check and correct disk file system.

[V]:[v] Verify the disk partitioning layout.

[A]:[a] Align partitions on disk(s)

[Q]:[q] Quit this recovery disk program

I choose V for verify and it just states that I was successful, I choose F to check and correct disk and it states that the check is fine, I choose A and it states that A is an option that is meant to be run for aligning partitions on hard drive(s) that have pre-existing, unaligned  partitions. Any data on the hard drive(s) WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOST!

Continue?[j/n]:

I am not sure if I should proceed with option A?

It appears to me that I may be running a recovery ISO, could this be correct?

Thanks,

John Cox

AT&T Voice Architect

1 Reply 1

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

John,

This community does not provide technical support and is not staffed with technical support experts. I recommend you post this and future technical support questions to the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa) where our Cisco technical support experts provide assistance. Another option is to open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/go/support) to get expert debugging assistance.

I hope this helps. Thank you for participating in the Community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities