cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I integrate Cisco Unity Connection with UCCX?

bozhidarpetkov1
Level 1
Level 1

There might be a similar topic in the forum but i wasn't able to find anything helpful so far.

The company i work for recently both Cisco Unity Connection Version 10.5.2.10000-5. We also have CUCM Version 9.1.2.10000-28 and UCCX Version 8.5.1.11004-25. We have several departments within the company. Most of them are grouped in Hunt Groups. With my limited knowledge of Cisco VoIP technologies i was able to setup Voicemail boxes for these departments by using a secondary shared extension. I've pointed the Hunt Pilot to go to voicemail when no one picks i call within a certain amount of time. Everything works just fine for all departments with Hunt Groups.

We also have a Service Desk team but all calls are coming in queues via the UCCX server. There is a trigger configured in the UCCX which of course replicates in the CUCM server which points to some CTI ports which then forwards the call to the agent's extension. What i can't figure out is how to make a call which goes to this team to go to voicemail after not being picked up for let's say 60 seconds. I've seen some option in UCCX but nothing seems to work and i can't see any options to setup timers.

So basically i need to find out how Cisco Unity Connection integrates with UCCX, if it all possible.

I'm not sure if i'm explaining this correctly but i hope anyone knows the answer to this.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, I really appreciate the way you have described it so that people can get a clear understanding what you are trying to achieve. Now coming to the solution:

1) UCCX does not integrate directly with CUC but you actually configure steps in the script to send the call to it most commonly the Call Redirect step. In fact, not only to CUC but if you want the call to be send to any random number that exist on CM, you use this step from CCX perspective

2) Now since you want it to go to VM after 60 seconds hence you will need to apply some logic here. Attached is a sample script that shows this, so basically below is the logic that is happening within the script:

a) Call goes to the Queued branch of Select Resource step since no agent is available

b) I am using an Increment step to increase the value of TimeforVM variable that is initially set at 0 every time call goes in the queue loop

c) Then I am using a Delay step which will place the call on hold for 30 seconds (you can change that as per your need)

d) Now just after the Increment step, there is an If condition that as soon as crosses the value of 2 will go True and send the call to CUC using Call Redirect step. I am using 1234 as my VMPilot number but you will need to use the actual number.Till the time, it will be less than 2 call will keep on looping. In case you decide to use the hold time of 60 seconds then the condition will need to change as If (TimeforVm > 0) etc and so on

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, I really appreciate the way you have described it so that people can get a clear understanding what you are trying to achieve. Now coming to the solution:

1) UCCX does not integrate directly with CUC but you actually configure steps in the script to send the call to it most commonly the Call Redirect step. In fact, not only to CUC but if you want the call to be send to any random number that exist on CM, you use this step from CCX perspective

2) Now since you want it to go to VM after 60 seconds hence you will need to apply some logic here. Attached is a sample script that shows this, so basically below is the logic that is happening within the script:

a) Call goes to the Queued branch of Select Resource step since no agent is available

b) I am using an Increment step to increase the value of TimeforVM variable that is initially set at 0 every time call goes in the queue loop

c) Then I am using a Delay step which will place the call on hold for 30 seconds (you can change that as per your need)

d) Now just after the Increment step, there is an If condition that as soon as crosses the value of 2 will go True and send the call to CUC using Call Redirect step. I am using 1234 as my VMPilot number but you will need to use the actual number.Till the time, it will be less than 2 call will keep on looping. In case you decide to use the hold time of 60 seconds then the condition will need to change as If (TimeforVm > 0) etc and so on

Regards

Deepak

Thank you for this. It's really helpful. I now just need to figure out how to edit the script that's currently in use so i can add the part with the voicemail redirection. This turns out to be more complicated than i expected.. 

Glad that it helped and thanks for updating the forum with Correct Answer. That's right, I have given you an idea now you just need to find wherein you need to fit this within your script and you should be good to go then.

Regards

Deepak