cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change Unity Connection 'mark as urgent' key?

steakandeggs
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to change the key used to activate mark as urgent option in CUC that I'm not seeing? Standard and Classic conversations both have it as 1. I'm looking to change it to 2. CUC 8.6.

Brandon

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brandon,

Have you tried the Custom Keypad Mapping Tool?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag135.html#wp1060435

Cheers!

Rob

"What you don't have you don't need it now" 

- U2

That doesn't appear to permit changing the menu options presented to callers leaving a message in a mailbox. It only changes conversations for people logged into their own mailbox. Am I wrong?

Brandon

Yeah, the documentation indicates that option 2 on the classic conversation marks as urgent, but its actually option 1 on all of them. There appears to be no way to customize what appears to be referred to as the "phone menu"?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user/guide/phone/8xcucugphone_chapter21.html#topic_9ED64094F2AC4CB48C0E63949D11E1FB

Or perhaps this setting isn't applied in the users > edit > Phone Menu section, but elsewhere?

The Phone Menu options on the User configuration would be general settings related to what a Subscriber hears when accessing the system via the TUI.  If I'm understanding what you want to do, this may not be configurable as I believe it may contained within a system level prompt.  However, I believe there is a Message Urgency toggle option for some of the conversations that can be accessed via the Custom Keypad Mapping.  I haven't used it before so it may be unrelated but its the only thing that comes to mind off hand.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: