Views
Helpful
Replies

how to config button mailbox of phone cisco

kingstdz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i want to config button phone (mailbox) to read message and other action, i have changed default call handler and created one for auto attendant, now all button in phone are directed to auto attendant message, when i input * to read message, it still send me pin error.

please how i can fix it by preserve auto attendant handler and create or restore mailbox button to default.

thanks

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @kingstdz 

you have configured the call handler for the auto attendant to handle all button presses, which is why you are getting a PIN error when trying to access your mailbox. To fix this, you can assign the mailbox call handler to the appropriate button on your phone.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

The voice mail button interacts with this system default phone service.

image.png

Then it will use the voice mail profile set on the DN to know what number to call to reach voice mail. So to fix your issue you'd need to make sure that this service is present and you'd need to have a voice mail profile with a voice mail pilot that points to CUC. Please note that this configuration has no relevance to any AA configuration you have. Any AA configuration, including how to route calls to it, is not related to voice mail profiles or voice mail pilots. This is most commonly done by CTI RP and a CFA on the DN set on the CTI RP. By the sound you might have some misunderstandings on how to setup the call routing for your AA as it sounds like your doing that within the voice mail configuration under Advanced Features in CM.

Response Signature