cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset passwords UnityAdmin, UnityDirSvc, and UnityMsgStoreSvc

lisacoody
Level 1
Level 1

Our location needs to do an active directory reset, which includes changing all AD passwords. I'm trying to get everything I'm responsible for ready ahead of time. I'm checking in CUCM (version 11.5.1) for accounts that are AD synchronized and have found UnityAdmin, UnityDirSvc, UnityInstall, and UnityMsgStoreSvc. I don't know where to update these passwords once they're reset in AD (except for UnityInstall - I did find where to update it). 

Can someone give me some direction please?

Kind regards,

Lisa

3 Replies 3

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5
Hi, after you have reset the password in the Active Directory.Navigate to
cucm admin page..Go to system/ldap/ldap directory.click find..click on the
directory that you created.On the top menu,click on "perfom sync now"

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That goes back to the old Unity that ran on a Windows platform and had to use either Exchange or Domino as the message store (CUC is the replacement for that old Unity, now it runs on Linux and a message store is not mandatory), and you needed all those accounts as they had different privileges each and had to be used for specific tasks.

None of those are applicable to CUC out of the box, if you're using them in CUC for something, it's because someone made the decision to use them, so you would need to track what they're used for now in your CUC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, 

That makes sense because our first installation was version 5.0; we're now on version 11.5.1.

Thank you very much!

Lisa