Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup CUCM or CUBE acting as SIP PROVIDER for home lab

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Im currently doing one project. initially it was planned for PRI line. and now client is going for SIP trunk from ITSP.

the voice gateway ie CUBE is isr4321 . there are two in numbers. so i planned for CUBE HA...

since the configuration are doing from our office not in customer premise at this stage.

So i want to complete all the configuration now from our premise and test it from there itself. so in this i case i need to simulate SIP trunk provider. How to do that?

CAn i do that with one more CUBE router with CME configured with one IP PHONE configured will all destination number in its line?

or can I do another CUCM acting as SIP provider?

Which one is best option?
1. Another CUCM Acting as SIP provider

2. CUBE with CME acting as SIP Provider

In both cases what all things i need to consider and how ill do the username and password for authentication and registration to this setup.

kindly provide if possible. 

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, SIP is peer to peer protocol, so you just need another CUBE/CME/CUCM to simulate the calls to/from your CUBE.

As to authentication you dont need it unless provider requires it, so for testing purposes you can leave it out.

I would love to do with authentication. so what all steps i need to do on cucm acting as provider or cube acting as provider.

I want both case scenario..
1. cucm acting as sip provider
2. cube acting as sip provider

I need it with authentication. so how to do that?

carvazqu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Neither CUBE/CME nor CUCM supports SIP Trunk registration, registration only works for IP Phones or 3rd party SIP endpoints.

Now, for authentication challenge CUCM supports SIP Realm configuration to force the other side of the trunk to authenticate using the credentials configured, you can configure it on User Management > SIP Realm.

Thanks,

Carlos.

"Neither CUBE/CME nor CUCM supports SIP Trunk registration, registration only works for IP Phones or 3rd party SIP endpoints."

So How can i do that test for sip trunk registration as SIP service provider does. i want to test my environment as soon as possible.