cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I cannot reach an extension from an external call after adding and configuring new phone

femi.agboade
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3825 router running CUCME 7.1 and CUE on a service engine.

I added new phones to the network using the CUCME GUI like I normally do, had a conference call coming in to one of the newly added phones and extension but whenever the caller gets the auto attendant, everytime he or she dials that new extension, the attendant replies with an "invalid extension number" message.

After several attempts and no luck, I tried deleting one of the existing phones, then added the new phone to the existing extension, but I keep getting the same error message. When I return the former phone back to the same extension, I am able to reach the extension from the external call.

This sounds to me like something to do with the new phone's regitration, but I dont even know where to start right now. Any ideas please???

Regards,

Femi

1 Reply 1

Swagata Bose
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I believe it was working before. To help you in this regard we will have to first understand how does the existing call drive in? Is it through some PRI? If yes what kind? T1, E1 or T1 CAS or FXO? What kind of a Gateway does the call route through? MGCP SIP H323? We need to check how is the call hitting and where is it failing before we could comment on this.

Regards,

Swagata

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: