Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P issue

Anil Sharma
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Team,

While working on intra domain partitioned federation between Lync 2013 EE pool & IMP 2 node cluster (version 9.1)

I am facing some issue: When users are assigned to a subscriber node on IMP cluster Lync can't see the presence of those Jabber user. (Lync server getting request timed out message from IMP).

For tests I moved the same user to Publisher and Lync was able to see the presence.  To add when the Jabber user is assigned to subscriber node and is online (green). The presence viewer on IMP server is showing his status as Unknown.

As the presence viewer is showing wrong status for users assigned to subscriber I am believing its something wrong with subscriber node itself and not the federation configuration. (both IMP server have same Root CA signed certificates, DNS is fine)

My second Query is: In Lync logs they see below message from IMP when they search for a Jabber user, What timer can we change ?

SIP/2.0 423 Interval Too Brief  

"  According to RFC 3261, if a client (Lync) receives ā€œSIP/2.0 423 Interval Too Briefā€ from server (Cisco CUPS), It should look at the Min-Expires header and retry the SUBSCRIBE request with an internal equal to or greater than the Min-Expires value advertised by Cisco. However, Cisco didnā€™t provide that information in the response back to the client, then Lync keeps retrying and getting 423 response."

Regards,

Anil Sharma.

5 Replies 5

Robert Profit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wondering if you ever found a resolution to this issue?

hi rprofit,

Not sure which issue you are referring to:

To fix the presence issue (from Lync to IM&P Subscriber users), fqdnā€™s of both IM&P servers were added as TLS peer subject & and in TLS Context configurations. Followed by both server restart.

Anil,

Thank you for your response and apologies for not being more clear. I am experiencing the same issue when all Jabber users are on the Publisher, Lync users can see their presence. If a Jabber user is on a Subscriber, the Lync user cannot see the presence, but the Jabber users still sees the Lync User's presence.

Currently all of the IMP nodes are in the TLS Peer Subjects and Context configurations.

When you say you restarted servers, do you mean you restart the IMP servers that you added as TLS peer & contexts? Will a XCP Router restart suffice?

Thank you in advance for your time.

when you add the servers in TLS peer subject/Context configurations I think it asks you to restart some services for changes to take effect (I think SIP proxy)  you may try restarting that service.

however in my case I did a complete reboot of both nodes (I had 2 servers in IMP Cluster)

Regards,

Anil Sharma.

I verified that all of the subscribers are in the peer subject/context list. The only one that is not is the Publisher, which I find odd since it is the only one that is working when users are assigned to it.

I rebooted the subscriber IMP to no avail that I have assigned myself to, Presence still shows the same behavior. I will see if there is time to add and reboot the Publisher and will let you know if any progress is made.