Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing Data from SQL DB or Text File to Call Manager 8.5.1

mstrvoip5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I would like to import from an external DB or text  file, what have you, the Employees Single reach Number to Call Manager.  Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Julian,

This is possible. You can approach this using two methods. One method would involve creating a set of csv files for import using the Bulk Administration Tool. The second method would be to programatically add necessary configs using the AXL API.

In both methods you have to ensure that the schema of the source data set matches the schema used by CUCM.

I'd recommend using an export -> normalize -> Import via BAT approach. You will need to look through the BAT online guides to get a feel for the data structure you need to follow. If using Bulk Import/Export. You can also do a "dry" export from your CUCM and you will have a set of CSV files which you can populate (headers already provided).

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Bill for your help.

If users change continuously their single number reach, can be this done automatically? let’s say synching DBs once a day.

Thanks

I don't see why not. This additional requirement would likely require you go the AXL API route so that you can remove unnecessary manual steps. If you are looking for a "trigger" event, then that would be trickier. You may be able to craft something from audit logs or tomcat logs but I don't know if that would be worth the headache. It would require some additional thought.

You could do a scheduled sync. You will need to ensure you understand all database dependencies and account for some of the additional end user customizations (like time of day and allow lists). The database schema (data dictionary) for your version is here:

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/datadict/8_5_1/datadictionary_851.pdf

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

please rate helpful posts

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify