cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install Cisco PCD on Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor

valsakk_VMC
Level 1
Level 1

I need to do a CUCM migration from Physical appliance 7825I4 version 8.5.1 to the new Cisco UCM-C240 version 10.5. Can I install Cisco PCD on Cisco UCM-C240 Virtual Hypervisor for this migration? Release notes says that Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment it is not compatible with Cisco UC Virtual Hypervisor.

Thank you,

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it will fail, the document is perfectly clear in what ESXi licensing is required for PCD to work.

ALL the involved servers, need to have the proper ESXi licensing, in case you're installing PCD in one server, and using other one as the target for the migration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much for your answer. Can I install Prime License Manager on one of our new BE7K?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-7000/data-sheet-c78-730649.html

HTH

java

What is our option to use PCD migration if we already own 2 Cisco UCM-C240? 

Thank you,

The model of the server is irrelevant, as long as it meets the requirements for the apps, if you don't have the right ESXi licensing, you cannot use PCD. ALL of the servers that will be involved in PCD migrations, upgrades, etc. NEED to have the right ESXi licensing.

HTH

java