cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Instant Messaging Compliance for the IM and Presence Service System version: 12.5.1.10000-22

mattringsell
Level 1
Level 1

I have enabled Compliance on IM and Presence Service System version: 12.5.1.10000-22 to a SQL database but only the [JM] table is getting populated with information? What do I need to do to get screen shares and file shares to be populated into the database? I can see that they can in the schema, but cannot find the option to do this?

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Neither one of those are stored in the compliance server, the documentation explains that:

About IM Compliance

Many industries require that instant messages adhere to the same regulatory compliance guidelines as for all other business records. To comply with these regulations, your system must log and archive all business records, and the archived records must be retrievable.

The Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service provides support for instant messaging (IM) compliance by collecting data for the following IM activities in single cluster, intercluster, or federated network configurations:

• Point-to-point messages.

• Group chat - This includes ad-hoc, or temporary chat messages, and permanent chat messages.

Regular file transfer is p2p so they don't even go through the server, if you configure MFT, then the files would be stored in the server for people to download and are stored there indefinitely as IM&P doesn't have a mechanism to clear old files.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate