cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration to multiple processors

chuser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, how would a unity integrate to say a CallManager and an Avaya 8700? Is there a limit to how many PBX's/Processors the unity can integrate to? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

well only two voice systems can be directly connected and yes you assign ports 1-12 for X 13-24 for Y.

I guess you could directly connect the 2 call managers clusters and then QSIG over to the Avaya s8700.

I personally would directly connect the s8700(via PIMG integration) and one call manager to the unity. Then network the other cisco call manager together with the one connected to unity (use Qsig or however it's done with callmanager) Reason i recommend this is because i've done it, and it minimizes the finger pointing of doing qsig between avaya and cisco.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kleo
Level 3
Level 3

2 phone system can directly integrate into unity.

Integration option are all here: (and vary depending on phone system type)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you briefly explain how that would work. Would I have to just assign some ports to each phone system? And would it matter if it was connected to two call mangers, or one call manager and one Avaya? thanks,

well only two voice systems can be directly connected and yes you assign ports 1-12 for X 13-24 for Y.

I guess you could directly connect the 2 call managers clusters and then QSIG over to the Avaya s8700.

I personally would directly connect the s8700(via PIMG integration) and one call manager to the unity. Then network the other cisco call manager together with the one connected to unity (use Qsig or however it's done with callmanager) Reason i recommend this is because i've done it, and it minimizes the finger pointing of doing qsig between avaya and cisco.

cfortanb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on the plus side, if you integrate all ports with a single CM, then use QSIG and ICT to connect to the avaya and the other CM, you will "pool" all your ports, enabling them for use with all the integrations. This way you don't have to worry about how to divide your ports up.