cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal Error discover cluster in PCD

luis_Borja
Level 1
Level 1

when I try to discover source cluster on PCD 10.5 and 11.0 a "internal error" message appears,

I have a CUCM cluster version 8.5.1.11900-21.

I attached a picture about that error.

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Luis,

Just refer the bug which could help

Discovery not working on some clusters
CSCul69464

Description
Symptom:
PCD can not discover some clusters nodes.

Conditions:
After upgrading the cluster to 8.0.x or 8.5.1,
then later, try to discover the cluster.
Some nodes time out, and are not discovered successfully.

Workaround:
CUCM
- Create remote root access to CUCM nodes
- Remove ?/usr/local/platform/conf/dynamicConfig.xml?
PCD
- Delete the bad existing clusters
- Run a new cluster discovery and make sure that you see Publisher in Functions column on CUCM Publisher node.

Note: After fix, if user does not see function label of Publisher for the CUCM publisher node, even after node is discovered successfully, then user needs to delete previous cluster for that node, and run a new cluster discovery.
regds,
aman

HI Aman,

thanksfor your reply, I runned the next commands for creating remote user account:

admin:utils remote_account enable

admin:utils remote_account create remoteenter 30
Account Successfully created
Account : remoteenter
Passphrase : FTKSMXXVF0
Expiry : 2-17-2016:16:00:00 (MM-DD-YYYY:Hr:Min:Sec)

I understand that Passphrase: FTKSMXXVF0  is password acces to remoteenter user, and the access is via SSH, but when I try to access a messages appears about invalid username or password, so is there any documentation about how to create a remote user??? 

because I looking for it, but I found a process when I have to reboot the cluster and boot a CD, and get access since live CD.

best regards.

root access is ONLY provided by TAC, if you could generate yourself the root access by just running that command, and using root to enter your server, that would totally defeat the purpose of it being secure.

The passphrase needs to be sent to TAC for decoding, and TAC will get the real password to be used, and TAC is the one who will be logging into the server to apply the WA.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate