cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal Meet Me Calls use PRI Channels

johnoliphant1
Level 1
Level 1

We have been using Meet Me for several years and it works perfectly, for what it does. However, today we had 23 calls on the conference that that filled up the PRI (max 24) and I started getting reports of calls not going out. We now know our limits, haha.

My question is about internal conference attendees consuming PRI channels. I cannot join the conference by dialing the Meet Me extension, I have to dial the 7-digit to be connected. Are we just stuck with this, or is there a way to join without hitting the PRI?

Last, would Conference Now be subject to the same limitation?

Edit: CUCM 11.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That has to do with your call routing configuration, if you're sending the calls out to the PSTN and sending them back in, that's how you configured your system. But that is definitely not required. You should be able to dial to the meet me internally if you configure it that way. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That has to do with your call routing configuration, if you're sending the calls out to the PSTN and sending them back in, that's how you configured your system. But that is definitely not required. You should be able to dial to the meet me internally if you configure it that way. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you! I started chasing down the routing and I found nothing that would send calls outside. So I tested Meet Me myself and I believe the internal callers were dialing the 7-digit number rather than just the extension.

I can fix this. :-)

Thanks again Jaime!