Issue with IP Communicator start up

angelayala
Level 1
Level 1

IP Communicator 1.1

Call Manager 3.3.5

My PC specs:

Manufacturer: Dell Precision WorkStation 530 MT

Operating System: Windows 2K Professional (SP4)

Processor: Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 512MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b

I installed IP Communicator in my pc but when I click on the icon, it results in an hourglass and the audio tuning wizard hangs.. When I kill the process through task manager,the IP Communicator start-up screen shows, but it hangs again at Initializing Media Termination.DLL screen.

Any solution/explanation to this problem will be really appreciated.

thanks

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Which exact version of communicator are you running? You should be running 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 for CM 3.3.5. Does this work for other users?

This application is working for other users with XP. I am the only one with Win2K.

Since I am not able to open the program, all I know is that I am running ver1.1 (got the version # from the user guide). I cannot tell if it is 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. Can you tell me where can I download the latest version?

Thanks for your help and time.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-comm

This will have 1.1.3. I do not believe 1.1.4 has been release yet. It is on the CCM compatibility matrix, that is why I suggested it.

I get this when I go to the link:

Cisco IP Communicator

NOTE:

There are currently no files for this type.

I am not sure what to tell you about this. When I click on it, I see several files.

From www.cisco.com

Click on Downloads

Voice Software

Scroll down to you see Cisco IP Phones.

The first link under this section is for IP Communicator.

If you do not see the sections for CallManager, Unity, Phones, CRS, and ICS 7750 etc, you may not have access to download this software.