Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber as a UCP solution, live helpdesk implementation

Cinnamonfox
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

I'm in the process of implementing a unified communications platform for a small-medium business and I've found I need information rather than endless promotional websites...

From what I can see, Cisco Jabber is a fully featured UCP with presence, IM, video etc, but can it be hosted internally, on our own servers?

We're also planning to link the UCP into a live helpdesk accessed via our website, the only problem is I haven't been able to find anything regarding a thin-client for Jabber IM/video.

We would like to implement it such that a customer can initiate a IM or video call with customer service here, without having to install a client themselves (running on a thin-client in the browser).

Does Jabber support this?

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can have your own servers.

No, assuming you're talking about J4W, no, no thin clients right now in which you can call or do video.

You need deskphone control.

Cisco Jabber for Windows  supports the following functionality in virtual environments:
  • Instant  messaging and presence
  • Desk  phone  control

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_CA48EE46_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-administration_chapter_01.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate