Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber - delete message from external sql

Morez
Level 1
Level 1

hi dear friends,

we deployed cup im&presence with external SQL database for using Chat Rooms (persistent chat)

my question is:  if a user send unwanted message in the room, how we as admin can delete that message completely from SQL-Database?

>> i connected to our SQL-DB and find all that specific message records and deleted them,

>> but users still see that message in the chat room..

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Morez
Level 1
Level 1

i found it..

persistent chats will stored in your SQL external database in a table called "tc_messages"..

all you need to do is to find that message in this table and delete that row,

then go to CUP server and restart "XCP Router" service,

then jabber clients need to sign-out, sign-in, and it's done.. that unwanted message is deleted from the chat room..

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Morez
Level 1
Level 1

i found it..

persistent chats will stored in your SQL external database in a table called "tc_messages"..

all you need to do is to find that message in this table and delete that row,

then go to CUP server and restart "XCP Router" service,

then jabber clients need to sign-out, sign-in, and it's done.. that unwanted message is deleted from the chat room..