cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Persistent Chat Rooms - Future? Admin Controls?

jfranchetti
Level 1
Level 1

We make extensive use of Jabber Rooms (we are not using Webex Teams).

What is the future of the Jabber Rooms feature?  I am not aware of a roadmap to improve them, and it feels like Webex Teams might engulf them.

Also, are there any administrative controls or reporting ability.  For example, I would like to rename rooms across the form to ensure they follow a more uniform naming convention (without going into each room as a member).  I would like to see which rooms are not used at all to determine if they should be eliminated.  Etc.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roadmap is NDA and thus cannot be discussed in public forums, you would need to reach out to your SE/AM for that discussion.

The feature doesn't provide reporting on usage or anything similar, you can get information, but it would involve going directly to the DB to associate the rooms to the messages and determine usage.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roadmap is NDA and thus cannot be discussed in public forums, you would need to reach out to your SE/AM for that discussion.

The feature doesn't provide reporting on usage or anything similar, you can get information, but it would involve going directly to the DB to associate the rooms to the messages and determine usage.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

is there a way to transfer your admin-rights of a chatroom to somebody else? or is the only way to do it, to delete the chatroom to get rid of the admin-rights? would appreciate the help!