License problem with CUCM 7

benwahbii
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I would inform you that I was faced two issues in CUCM installation:

1)   

1)  L1) License issue:

I was installed publisher & subscriber servers, after that I uploaded license file to the publisher but I still found the red notification message on the fron of the application “Pic.#1”. But when enter to license tab you will find the file uploaded by 1100 unit “Pic.#2”. Please clarify if it is uploaded or not.?

Also when you enter to the license tab in subscriber server you will find message which appear in “Pic.- Sub”.

2)     2)  CM Group Issue: in this tab only publisher server which appeared in the page. “Pic.-CM Group”, how I can found both server?

waiting your feed back

thanks

Dear Support,

I would inform you that I was faced two issues in CUCM installation:

1)   

1)  L1) License issue:

I was installed publisher & subscriber servers, after that I uploaded license file to the publisher but I still found the red notification message on the fron of the application “Pic.#1”. But when enter to license tab you will find the file uploaded by 1100 unit “Pic.#2”. Please clarify if it is uploaded or not.?

Also when you enter to the license tab in subscriber server you will find message which appear in “Pic.- Sub”.

2)     2)  CM Group Issue: in this tab only publisher server which appeared in the page. “Pic.-CM Group”, how I can found both server?

waiting your feed back

thanks

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It appears you have only uploaded a DLU license and are still missing the node and feature licenses. You can see this in 2.jpg where it sill shows Demo in the Status column of the Node and Software sections.

Just to add to Jonathan's answer you can only see CUCM servers in the CUCM group when the CCM service is running on them.

If you installed the servers but haven't enabled and started CCM service on them, they won't be available as an option for you to add to a CUCM group.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Javalenc,

I think that the problem of not seeing the server each other is for the license; but I'll give it a try.

I appreciate your valuable reply.

Thank you very much.

No, that's wrong. You DO need to have a valid node and feature licenses in order to start the CCM service, but even if you have them but you don't enable and start CCM in the servers they won't show up in CUCM group.

The purpose of the CUCM group is to provide call processing redundancy, if the CCM service is not running in a server in your cluster, why should it show up as an option if it cannot do any call processing??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jonathan Schulenberg,

You are right, I do not have the node and feature license; I'm contacting the support bey sending the MAC address in order to recieve the license.

Thank you very much for your help.