cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login via subscriber asks to leave a Msg

mmahannah
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0.4 SR1. Here is the scenario: A user dials into a subscribers VM. During the greeting, the user hits * and logs into Unity. At this point, Unity prompts "to leave a VM for <subscriber_name> press 1, to enter your mailbox, press 2. Note this is not the behavior if you sign in through your own VM extension...just when calling through another subscriber.

Is there a setting to turn this off, so you are not prompted to leave a message for the original subscriber mailbox?? Should Unity behave this way.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no way to disable this at the moment. When you sign in from another subscriber's greeting Unity assumes you may want to leave that user a subscriber to subscriber message (i.e. so they can easily reply to it) and offers that option up front.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity is behaving correctly. I don't know of a way to change the behavior. I am not sure if you can.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no way to disable this at the moment. When you sign in from another subscriber's greeting Unity assumes you may want to leave that user a subscriber to subscriber message (i.e. so they can easily reply to it) and offers that option up front.

Thanks for the replies. A customer I am working with swears that it was not working this way a week ago and that something had changed.

I have tested on 3 different Unity servers and all behave in the same fashion. It makes sense to me.

Matt

Have there been any updates to this post? Is this still the way Unity handles this scenario?

No change in behavior. Just checking real quick and there's been no PERs entered (requests from account teams to the product group) for this so I guess that's not real suprising. As with all such requests if you want to change this behavior (or more likely make it configurable) you'll want to make sure your account team enters a PERs for it.

Thanks Jeff. Side question....In our scenario we are prompted with option 1 to leave a message but there is no option #2 to enter our mailbox. If we press 2 it does take us to our mailbox, it's just not offered in the recording. Something Disabled?