cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Low Volume on prompts when user is in mailbox.

k.peters
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0.2 where the customer is complaining when they log onto their mailbox to listen to messages, the system prompts that say, for example, "to listen to new messages press... or to listen to emails press... are at too low of a volume. Is there any way to raise the volume of Unity system prompts globally or just for those particular sets of prompts? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So outside callers are not having a problem? Are they coming into the system via a different call path (i.e. are we looking at a gateway volume issue?)

You can raise the volume of all the system prompts (not just for the subscriber conversation - some prompts are shared across all conversations so you can't do that) using the Set Volume tool you'll find in the tools depot on your desktop. However, if you have one group of users complaining about volume and another not, this may not be a good idea - you'll want to dig into the root causes for this.

Actually outside callers are the ones having the issue which I failed to mention in my first posting. I understand what you are saying though that if the issue is with them and I adjust the volume then internal users would probably complain the other way. (Too Loud). If the customer decides to up the volume is the Set Volume tool the appropriate tool? I read the Set Volume help and it indicates it is for subscriber spoken names and greetings. It does not mention anything in the help about system prompts.