cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Merging 2 CUCM Environments

Pebkac
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have 2 CUCM environments 1 PCCE for all of the Contact Center phones and 1 for the rest of the environment.

We are considering moving all devices to the PCCE CUCM.

Looking for Pro's and Con's. Are there any potential issues for Call Center phones/maintenance? 

2 Replies 2

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

regarding migrating the phones between the cluster you need to make sure you follow some Guide or include TAC on call, better picture about the process is explained here :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/migrating-ip-phones-between-clusters-with-cucm-8-and-itl-files/ta-p/3108501

you also need to make sure that you add the users/device as per defined OVA of the CUCM to avoid any performance issue.

Let me know if information provided is enough or you have any query.

regards

Tarun

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

I've no experience with PCCE, so I can't speak to that.

Overall, I'd expect there to be less maintenance maintaining one environment vs two.  Probably less cost overall as well (assuming less hardware).

For downsides, any reboot of the cluster will affect all phones, instead of just half.  If you have a 24hour call center, and are used to doing maintenance on the other cluster after hours, it could cramp your style.

For the migration, you'll have to address certificates on all the phones being moved, as well as moving any gateways registered to the old cluster.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: