cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Merging multiple locations-Design Question

Jay Cambell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a total of 3 branches.  I'm trying to merge 2 branches into one. Branch A has no phone service but the gateway was setup for phones prevously in call manger and UCCX.  Branch B, I'm going to move the 2 voice circuits to Branch A.  Branch C, there is a 1 voice T1 circuit but I'm going to create a remote call forward to Branch A. I'm running to issues on with the design in the call manger and UCCX since Branch A and Branch B are configured already.  I'm not sure how to get  thing working since there is 2 gateways setup. Do I take Branch A and edit CTI route point to look like Branch B then move the script? I'm not sure if it will work or not. I know I want Branch A to be like Branch B since the two voice circuits are moving to Branch A.

Branch A  ( 1 T1 voice circuit turned off)
Branch B  (2 T1 voice circuits)
Branch C  (1 T1 voice circuit)

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is nothing you really need to do on UCCX since call routing is still controlled by CM. As long as the integration between UCCX and CM is intact there is really nothing you need to do on UCCX side. As far as calls going out to PSTN are concerned, since you have T1 connectivity for both sites A and C, they can go out of their respective gateways then. Branch A of course will now have three voice circuits terminating on it so that will give you option of more calls compared to C that only has a single T1 line. Apart from these things, I really don't think there will be a challenge unless you are implementing something there and facing issues with it.

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

The circuit at Branch C will go away.  It will be turned into a remote call forwarding line so Branch A will have a remote call forward line also two voice circuits. The circuit at Branch B will move to Branch A.  I guess my understanding from you is since I'm physically moving the lines I don’t have to change anything on the call manager. The circuit at Branch B and C will go away. Call routing is in place on the call manager. I have contact call center setup at both Branch B and C. I would have to setup a new contact call center to merge both Branch B and C at Branch A on UCCX. I’m sorry I left that out. Is that correct?

Ok so as per my understanding your Call Center cluster had two servers, one at Site B and Site C. When you say circuits at Site B and Site C will go away, that is only related to the T1 lines going out to PSTN and not the actual internet/MPLS connectivity between Branch A, B and C. If that is true then your Call Center servers can stay where they are i.e., in the Data Centers located at Branch B and C and keep doing all the communication with the CM as it is doing right now. Till the time there is no change happening to CM in terms of IP Address, network connectivity etc UCCX really does not bother about the voice circuits since at no point call will be going out directly from UCCX using those voice circuits out to PSTN. Any call to/from UCCX will always go through CM that then will bring/send the call in/out using the T1 circuits from/to the PSTN.

Regards

Deepak