Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

migration 7.1.5 to 9.1.2 LAB

Hi All,

I've a scenario in which I'm currently running with cucm 7.1.5, and i want to upgrade it to cucm 9.1.2.

I've a cluster of 5 cucm.

in my lab I have the possibility to have 3 VM started simultaneously.

Is it possible to upgrade my cluster into 2 stages:

PUB + 2 SUB (SUB 1 and 2)

After removing 2 SUB (SUB 1 and 2), and recreate PUB SUB + 2 (3 and 4).

My problem you have understood is that I can not reproduce in lab more than 3 servers simultaneously.

question :

I have needs to have all the sub up in my lab at the same time during upgrade?

thanks

Philippe

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're attempting the bridge upgrade, yes, ALL of the servers from the live environment need to be in the lab.

Otherwise, remove servers from the live environment prior to the DRS restore so you only have 3 servers.

Upgrade only those 3 servers, and then reinstall the other 2 servers once on 9.1(2) and reconfigure everything as initially.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I have 10 servers with Pub, 6 Sub, 2 TFTP, 1 MOH. I am planning to jump upgrade from 7.1 to 9.1. Do I need to have all 10 servers installed at the same time in the lab for upgrade?

Jump upgrade requires fresh install of 9.1 again for 32/64 bit partition issue. Then, do I need to have all 10 servers for fresh install too? Which means 20 servers?

Thanks,

Steve

Yes, the jump upgrade requires all the same number of servers you have in production, to be replicated in the lab, and yes, once you're on 9.1(2), the fresh install DRS restore for all servers.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java