Views
Helpful
Replies

migration cisco unity 7.0 windows version to 11.5

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi all,

i have one migration which is Cisco unity 7.o installed in windows 2003 server with Active directory now i want to convert that unity to latest 11.5.

As per my knowledge version 7.0 is Linux based but when i checked in the server it is showing unity 7.0.

is there any specific procedure to migrate the above process? i am trying to get documents for the same but i am not able to get any information.

thanks

cyril

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, and no.

There was an old Unity which went as far as 8.0 and was on Windows (the predecessor of CUC), and then you also have CUC 7.x at the same time (which was only the 2nd release on Linux at the time).

The upgrade guide for CUC covers a migration from Unity using COBRAS, if you haven't reviewed that doc, that's your fist step.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I am trying to migrate Unity from 7.0(2) Windows based to 11.5, I have not found any procedure document, could you please let me a URL link please?

If this helps, do not forget, rate!!

Review the upgrade guides, review the 8.x version as newer guides no longer cover the process

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unity-connection/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

According to the upgrade guides, I have to upgrade from 7.0(2) to 8.5 and 8.5 to 11.5, haven't I?

Regards,

Alfredo.

You cannot upgrade, you need to migrate from Unity to CUC, if you don't want to go directly to CUC 11.5, then you would need to upgrade once you have the info on CUC.

HTH

java

ok, so I am going to migrate directly from 7.x to 11.5.

Thank you so much,

Best regards,

Alfredo.