cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Minimum 3 digit extentions

arozar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has Unity 4.0, this customer uses 2 digit extiontions. They currently have 50 subscribers, and when I goto add another it tells me they must use 3 digit extions. They clearly have 50 users with 2 digit extentions. Where would I check for a minimum digits for extentions?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This used to be exposed in the advanced settings tool but 2 (or 1) digit extension cause issues with digital networking scenarios (or they can if you're not careful) and also makes addressing to private distribution lists by Id awkward.

but you can change it anyway - in the registry go to HKLM\Software\Active Voice\DOH\1.00\

There's a key there called "Minimum Handler AVP_DTMF_ACCESS_ID lenght" and it'll be set to 3. If you set this to 2 it'll allow all call handlers and subscribers to have 2 digit or greater lengths.

Changing the setting doesn't require a restart or anything - just tried it on my 4.0(5) system and the setting takes effect immediately.

Thank you for the quick reply. I did see something in the Advanced Settings tool, but thats for locations. This registry changed worked!! Thanks again.

Worked!!!!