cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Misleading "Mailbox full" Error Message

ebode
Level 1
Level 1

A few of my users are getting an error message when they access their VM messages via their IP phone. The message operator tells them that their mailbox is full and that they must delete some messages, when in fact this is not true on their Exchange mailbox. The workaround I’ve used so far is to recreate affected the user’s mailbox in Unity and the problem goes away.

My question is that is there any other way of stopping this misleading error message without having to delete and recreate users’ mailboxes? Perhaps a system-wide config can do the job. We have version 4.0(3) UM with Exchange 5.5. The problem is sporadic and does not affect all users.

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sorta rings a bell - it could be this bug:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdy28293&Submit=Search

The limits for mailboxes that we pull in from 5.5 and store in SQL (where the conversations get them when making checks for full/almost full conditions) would get off in that scenario - not sure if the description in the release notes would match your situation or not...

I believe this bug fix would resolve the problem. The Exchange Admins worked on the 5.5 server recently.

Thanks a bunch.

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

This doc I put together talks about how storage limits work with 2000/2003 but it is basically the same with 5.5. The difference being that Unity learns the limits which are written to SQL from the 5.5 directory so you need to go in to the users mailbox with the Exchange 5.5 Administrator in raw mode. (admin.exe /r)

This should be a start...

Thanks,

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: