cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity tranafer issue

tony_paparazzo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a main site running unity 4.03 cm 3.3.3sr4a and 2 remotes sites with frame to atm which then come through a checkpoint firewall back to the main...there is a pri at the main and 1 at the remote...If a caller comes down the pri at the main site and hits unity they are able to transfer from the unity no problem to an extension...If they come down the pri at the remote site and hit the unity..when they enter an extension to dial..it says please wait while i transfer your call....and then drops the call.Any reason why this would happen...

1 Reply 1

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A good troubleshooting step would be to put an IP phone on the same subnet as Unity, with the same CSS. Place a call down the pri at the remote site through to this phone. Now manually attempt the same transfer, using the transfer key on the IP phone. If this also fails, then someone more familiar with gateway configs than I will need to help you.

If the manual transfer works then we'll need to figure out what is different between Unity and your test phone. Off hand, the only thing I can think of is that Unity dials much faster than the typical human. I've seen some cases where transfering across a gateway required a pause before releasing the transfer. This can be done by adding a comma at the end of the transfer dialstring (on the transfer page of the Call Handler or Subscriber). If this is the case, you might also try using supervised transfers rather than release transfers.

Cheers,

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: