Views
Helpful
Replies

NEC Serial Integration

davidwall
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We're integrating a NEC NEAX 7400 with Unity 4.04, and we're having trouble getting the Unity to see the extension number of the calling party (and, in the case of forwarded calls, the extension number of the forwarded-from party).

I can see valid packets in the integration monitor, and the extension numbers we want are in those packets. The Unity just doesn't seem to be picking them out.

I am pretty sure the switch is configured correctly because it used to connect to a Unity 2.4.6.

Thanks for your assistance.

Best,

David

4 Replies 4

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you open Integration Monitor and turn on the Raw Serial option. Then copy one on of the the complete inbound packets and post it here?

Hans-Eric,

I can, but not right away. I should be able to do it in a few hours.

Thanks.

Best,

David

Hans-Eric,

A typical packet is this:

0!J0015660____430016047__0015660__

That indicates a direct call from extension 6047 to the Unity pilot, 5660.

What do you think?

Best,

David

Yeah, that packet looks like it should parse OK. Is this showing up as an Invalid Packet in the Integration Monitor? Or does it look like the extensions are being parsed out fine but Unity just isn't using them?

If it is the latter case, it may be that the Port number is not matching up correctly. The first extension field in any MCI packet identifies the VM port that the call was sent to. Unity takes that and tries to match it against the extensions that you've manually entered, either in UTIM or on the SA Ports page. If the match fails or is incorrect then the integration will fail.

If that's not it then we may need to look deeper at some diags.

Regards,

Eric