cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need another way to get to "enter password" in sign-in

majszakm
Level 1
Level 1

By default, the call routing rules allow you to reach sign-in where you just have to enter your password IF Unity recognizes the calling number as either the extension of a Subscriber or an Alternate Extension of a Subscriber.

But is there a way to reach this same point of sign-in without a calling number.

It's easy to setup a rule that gets you sign-in regardless of the calling number, but what I'd like to do is get to the point where it prompts ONLY for password(not ID) in sign-in withOUT a calling number being present. Instead it uses the "dialed number" or the "forwarding number" to do this.

Is it possible to accomplish this somehow?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the "Easy sign in" option in the user input section for greetings on subscribers for this - they can dial into their DID number, for instance, and it fowards to Unity - while we're playing their greeting if you press the key for "easy sign in" we assume it's the subscriber we're playing the greeting for and all you hear is "please enter your password".

You can read more about this in the admin guide for 4.0(4) here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_book09186a0080228436.html

it's in the Cisco Unity Conversation chapter.

Thanks. So Jeff can you just confirm for me that there is in fact no possible way for Unity to get you to the point in "sign-in" where all you're prompted for is your password, using the "dialed number" or "forwarding number". It absolutely has to be to the calling number correct?

The attempt sign in conversation that is used in the routing rules only used the calling number. There's no way to have a routing rule use the dialed number or the forwarding number instead.

You can use the easy sign in functionality that I noted in the previous post but that's it.