Views
Helpful
Replies

** New end user training videos now available **

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey folks

The training department has just released the first 5 end user training videos for Cisco Unity. We get asked for such videos from large customers looking for something to show their end users to help reduce the training time on how to use Unity/PCA and the like.

The five videos are:

• Getting Started with Cisco Unity

• Checking Voice Messages Over the Telephone

• Sending and Responding to Voice Mail Messages

• Setting Up Message Notification

• Creating Private Distribution Lists

The videos are the first offering in a series of Cisco Unity end-user training materials that will be made available during calendar year 2004. Other web-based training materials will cover Cisco Unity Assistant and Cisco Unity Inbox. Web-based materials will be available during the first quarter of 2004.

You can view the video at this web site http://tools.cisco.com/cmn/jsp/index.jsp?id=28589

You can download the files and create CD-ROMs that you may freely give to customers. Act now as the files will be available until November 10, 2003. Use this link to navigate to the files. http://cmn.cisco.com/webtraining/cdrom/mgt_10_20_2003_15_44_46/index.htm

Once you have downloaded the zip file, extract everything into a folder and then use those files to create a CD-ROM.

10 Replies 10

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Jeff,

I don't think the link for the downloads is working, at least it isn't for me.

Also,

Was this a CIsco product that was used to make these recordins? If so or even if not any chance you could shoot the vendors name my way? tdennis@catalysttech.com

Thanks,

Travis

Hmmm... yeah, I can't get to the download link either unless I'm in via VPN - I'll chat with the training folks about parking those where external folks can get at them in the morning.

I don't know what they use for those videos out there - I'll ask that, too. I use Camtasia for all the training videos we put out on my site (and we use them internally for training as well).

Hi Jeff -

Any chance we could get a version of the videos using the Optional Conversation 1? Prior to moving our customers to Unity, they are custom to using the Octel Aria user interface. Unity's Optional conversation 1 has been helpful in smoothing the transition to unified messaging. We have an extension customer website that we developed for version 3.1.5 that I will be updating for 4.0(3). Having these videos at our customers' disposal would be a valued addition :-)

Sincerely,

Ginger

The download media link allows download of a zip containing a presentation, but it doesn't look like the video portion of the presentation ever made it into any of the zips.

I can get the audio and slideshow working from the download, but I'm suspicious about exactly how much video is actually included in those <1MB .asf files.

Is the "video" portion of these training videos available for download somewhere? I'd rather not host these on one of our web servers and then have to point the Flash presentation to Cisco's media server for the streaming video portion.

Thanks,

Cameron

You'll have to be a little more specific - which link in particular are you talking about? All the videos I've checked work fine...

Jeff,

I followed a link from your www.ciscounitytools.com website entitled "Unity 4.0(x) End User Training"

http://tools.cisco.com/cmn/jsp/index.jsp?id=28589

The flash site offering the training videos has links below the respective "Play" buttons which allow you to download various components of the presentations. One link allows downloading slides, another MP3s, and a third offers downloading "media" (with an icon showing a movie camera). The "media" download is an archive of the flash training presentation, but it appears to be missing the video component.

Try using the download links from any of the five presentations, extract the archive, and try to host the presentation on your own web server. It's missing the video portion, that's what I'm trying to dig up if it's available.

Cameron

ah, I see - those aren't on my site - I thought you were talking about training videos I had on the www.CiscoUnityTools.com site.

I don't think the video downloads have ever included the actual videos themselves (i.e. Jim's face talkig). The downloads include the audio track and the slides so you can hear it and see the slides as he talks. You can also jump around to different parts of the presentation. I think if you unpack the download and go through the "start.htm" page, it loads everything up for you.

It loads fine sans video when clicking the start.htm, I was just trying to locate/download the video portion if it was available.

Additionally, were training materials ever created for Cisco Unity Assistant per your original post?

Cameron

No - nothing was released for that...