cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Unity install 4.2.1

briley
Level 1
Level 1

I have new install and I want to install the lattest version of Unity without going through the upgrade. I was shipped 4.0.5 but I would rather just install 4.2.1 and not install 4.0.5 and then upgrade. Can this be done or do I need to start at 4.0.5 and then upgrade. I can not find an install guide for 4.2.1 only on how to upgrade 4.0 to 4.2.1.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

If you purchased Unity with the SAU software upgrade support option, you can download the Unity 4.2(1) CDs from Cisco and install as you would for a 4.0(5) system. You can use the 4.2(1) release notes for the latest and greatest information and then follow, for the most part, the 4.0(5) install procedures. You will want to use the 4.2(1) version of the permissions wizard and schema to prepare for your Unity install.

Ginger

Yes these Unity installs are purchased with SAU+ upgrade. Thanks for your help. I was going through CUSPA and it never asked me to install the exchange store and I thought the 4.0.5 version did that as well but maybee not. I have not used it in a while.