Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie Question: Transferring to Voicemail

seth-wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello list,

Forgive me if this post is misdirected. I've searched a lot of the support documents and can't find an answer to this seemingly simple question that doesn't involve lots of coding.

I'm running Cisco Unity Express 7. I've set up an auto-attendant that will either let a caller dial an extension or transfer to voicemail.

When the caller dials an extension, the extension just rings and rings. I can find in the Unity Express GUI under Configure > Extensions how to forward a call to another extension after a certain timeout or if the call is busy. But I can't figure out how to have the call forwarded to that extension's mailbox. I did find somewhere that you had to create a dialplan for voicemail boxes. But I've tried telnetting into the Cisco CallManager without much luck, and the web interface for it is clunky. And even if I did get in there, I wouldn't know how to set up the dial plan.

I feel like I'm missing something pai9nfully obvious. Does the voicemail box need to be associated with the physical IP phone itself?

Thanks for any help.

~Seth~

1 Reply 1

karmakar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is better to try Cisco TAC or emailing access-ccme-cue@cisco.com.

We will need the "sh run" from CME/CUE to comment intelligently on this. My best guess is that you are missing the call-forward CLI under the ephone-dn.