Views
Helpful
Replies

No outbound audio with Jabber over VPN

Cameron76318
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

New to the forums and a bit desperate. I've been searching for a solution but I don't even have the right search terms to explain my situation without writing a whole paragraph.  Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

Here is our setup:

Cisco 2901 Voice Gateway

Call manager 11.5

CCX 10.5

Unity 11.5

Cisco ASA (not managed by me. That's the sysadmin's playground.I'm the VoIP admin)

We have three agents working remotely. I have Jabber installed and working fine on LAN.

When at home they are connected via Cisco Anyconnect VPN

Call flow goes like this:

DID>Hunt Pilot with Native Call Queue>Hunt list>Line group

The inbound and outbound calls pass normally to and from desk phones (7942)

The inbound and outbound calls pass normally to Jabber clients on LAN

The inbound and outbound calls pass to Jabber normally over VPN .... except...

When two of our satellite offices call the Hunt Pilot DN any agent using Jabber over VPN can hear the caller but the caller cannot hear the agent.

Things I've tried. I set up a new device in and placed it in the same device pool as the satellite office but connected to the home office LAN. This passed calls normally to VPN Jabber users.

I am able to ping the remote Jabber clients from the gateway.

Am I right in thinking this it a NAT or Firewall issue? Am I missing something?

We have several VLANS at the home office and there is no issues with these calls. It's only the satellite offices having issues. One of the satellite office has another 2901 Gateway (to avoid long distance) but the other does not so I don't believe it's a CODEC issue but I could be wrong.

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help!

3 Replies 3

atesfai37
Level 1
Level 1

Did you make sure that each device is logged into the hunt group? Device>Phone>Jabber Device>Click the check box "logged into hunt group"

Yes, this is a default option.

adielmachado
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem and it was some ports blocked on the firewall.
The range that CUCM uses is quite large, try to locate it by blocking the FW.

Does the unit in which the VPN closes have more than one internet link? If so, you may also have an asymmetric link problem.

Sorry for the english, I'm using google translator. Hope this helps.