cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Observations on Unity 4.0(4)

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

We've got a total of three 4.04 servers in pre-deployment as of today. Here are a couple of things we have run into so far:

4.04 UM w/ Offbox Exchange (2000 and 2003)

Permissions wizard seems to consistently give an error that it is unable to set AD permissions on the deleted objects folder(s). 2 servers doing this so far.

I imported a test subscriber from AD (2003 exchange). The subscriber goes in fine and I can leave a message in the inbox. When I went to remove the subscriber, the following dialog box pops up:

"One or more substitute objects for this subscriber are invalid. This could result in database corruption if you delete this subscriber."

Anybody else running into this? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

milucero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The error message with deleting users is expected, take a look at the release notes on this...

Substitute Objects for Subscriber Deletions

When you attempt to delete a subscriber by using the Cisco Unity Administrator, Cisco Unity uses substitute objects to replace references (for example, ownership of a call handler or distribution list) to the subscriber you want to delete. The objects are Substitute Recipient, Substitute Owner, Substitute After Message Call Handler, and Substitute Exit Call Handler. For a description of each object and where it applies, refer to the "Configuration Settings" section in the "System Settings" chapter of the Cisco Unity System Administration Guide, Release 4.0(4). For additional information about the role of substitute objects when deleting subscribers, refer to the "Deleting Subscriber Accounts" chapter of the Cisco Unity System Administration Guide, Release 4.0(4). (The Domino version of the guide is available at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/sag/sag404/dom/index.htm. The Exchange version of the guide is available at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/sag/sag404/ex/index.htm.)

as far as the permissoins issue, where is this folder located, and does the account, that you are running the permision wizzard with, have domain admin rights?

We tracked down the substitute object bit. It looks as if it is set to "Subscriber" right out of the box, but no particular subscriber. We have set ours to the EAdministrator account and will see if it resolves the issue.

As for the Perm Wiz issue on the deleted objects, our install account is domain admin, schema admin, full exchange admin, etc.

Since we have multiple servers displaying the issue, I'm assuming a bug. So far we have not seen anything detrimental to the functionality of Unity because of it.

I encountered the same warning message when I attempted to delete a subscriber. I was able to delete the subscriber with no errors after I added a Subscriber for the Substitute Recipient and Substitute Owner and a Call Handler for the Substitute after Message and Substitute Exit Call Handlers. Hope that helps.