cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD Define Migration Destination Cluster stuck on step 4 of 4 Configure DNS Settings

jasonnash1
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first UC migration and I'm really stuck.

I added my CUCM 8.6 cluster to Inventory > Clusters. And added my two B6K servers to Inventory > ESXi Hosts.

I am now trying to Define Migration Destination Cluster and I get as far as Step 4 of 4 Configure DNS Settings.

The Assign DNS Settings button is grayed out, I can't select either checkbox for the two nodes.

The Finish button is blue, but nothing happens when I click on it. 

I configured DNS servers when I originally setup the PCD server.

I logged into the PCD CLI and ran utils network host phxcucmpub (my CUCM 8.6 publisher server) and it was coming back with "no external servers found". I rebooted the PCD server and ran that command and DNS lookup is working now.

But I tried the Define Migration Destination Cluster again and got stuck at step 4 of 4 again. I can't get past the configure DNS settings.

Attached screenshot.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I show the full procedure here

https://youtu.be/2C_gy_XmBmE

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime. Thank you for the video. I had already watched that to help prepare for this. And I went back and watched it again just to see if I was missing anything. But I don't see that I am.

What I ended up doing was deleting the PCD VM from my B6K host and reinstalling it. Going through the same process you outlined in your video I got back to Step 4 of 4 for Defining Destination Migration Cluster and the DNS Settings button was still grayed out, however this time when I clicked on the Finish button it finally did something and saved.

Still not sure why it didn't work properly on the original PCD server, but I'm finally past this step in the process. Thank you.

Running into the same issue. In setting up a CUC migration Cluster, the DNS settings are available but for a CUCM migration cluster, the DNS settings are greyed out.

I can save the cluster but currently running into the situation that all subscriber installations are failing on the primNodeVerify.sh and I'm not sure if this is because I can't enter the new DNS domain in PCD.