cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD Migration failes

James Boothe
Level 1
Level 1

I am migrating a 12 cluster over to a new VM/cluster with PCD 120.1.10000-7 . IT goes thru the export configuration step just fine. 

Then it goes into the install destination Step and i am watching it in vsphere. Installs go thru the platform configuration and then it looks like it is sftp to the pcd and then fails with below photo. I have tried the install multiple times and it fails at same location...any suggestions? 

cucmFailed.png

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to look at the logs from the failed install to determine what might be wrong, many times when it's associated to a DB error, that means something needs to be fixed in the source cluster, but only the logs will tell you exactly where the problem is.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime, i had already blown the vm away to try again when i received your reply. 

I downloaded 12.0.1 SU2 (12.0.1.22900-11.sgn.iso) from Cisco and applied that to PCD fresh install directory.

This time the migration completed! So i am not sure if there is a bug is SU1 or if the export may have been corrupted during step one. (I had blow away the vm harddrive and added a new one and just retried the migrate step, this last time i completely removed the migration step and re-added since i had a new image to try) 

Just adding info in here in case anyone else comes across this issue on this version.