cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PDA access to Unity Voicemail

mpayton
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a good PDA/software that can access the .wav files within unity? Preferrably something usable with Blackberry PDAs. ONset technology has a solution but it requires more expensive infrastructure.

Call forwarding to the PDA cell # only works for dialed calls, not forwarding, etc...

TIA

3 Replies 3

stephen.trimble
Level 1
Level 1

You could change the recording codec on the Unity server to GSM611 then the .wav files should play without any conversion needed. We have done this as a number of our sales guys are constantly on-the-road and they access their mail using their PDAs

O.K., so if I set the Unity server codec to GSM611 the voicemail or unified messaging will automatically be translated for the Blackberry without the Blackberry having to read the .wav file?

The Blackberry 7750 has a whopping 16mb of memory so a .wav player on it doesn't fit (that I have found). It uses the Verizon CDMA protocol. Would I need to use a PDA that uses GSM phone service instead?

If you know of any links with specific info on this scenario, that would really help.

If just changing the codec on the Unity takes care of the whole problem, I definitely owe you a beer(;p).

Thanks again.

O.K., so if I set the Unity server codec to GSM.711 the voicemail or unified messaging will automatically be translated for the Blackberry without the Blackberry having to read the .wav file?

The Blackberry 7750 has a whopping 16mb of memory so a .wav player on it doesn't fit (that I have found). It uses the Verizon CDMA protocol. Would I need to use a PDA that uses GSM phone service instead?

If you know of any links with specific info on this scenario, that would really help.

If just changing the codec on the Unity takes care of the whole problem, I definitely owe you a beer(;p).

Thanks again.