Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Last Registration

benny3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to generate a list of the last registration times for all the phones.
I have tested the below on four different lab setups: CUCM 10.1, CUCM 12, CUCM 12.5 & CUCM 14 but get the same result.
I connected an IP communicator softphone to the CUCM. When I look at the phone list, I see that the phone status is Registered and the Last Registered is listed as now.
When I close the softphone, the Status is changed to Unregistered, however the Last Registered shows Never.

I tried to query the registration DB using the CLI:
run sql select d.name, r.* from registrationdynamic r join device d on r.fkdevice=d.pkid

but got the same result, i.e., no data about the last registration.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Tnx,
Ben

1 Reply 1

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Benny,

Virtual endpoints are not supported with this feature with the exception of Cisco Jabber. Please refer to the below snippet from the CUCM 12.0 release notes https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/12_0_1/cucm_b_release-notes-for-cucm-imp-1201/cucm_b_release-notes-for-cucm-imp-1201_chapter_00.html#reference_6D6A4367D19A6A792BA1844DE6F9A9A5

"The endpoints that support this feature are SIP phones such as Cisco Jabber and SCCP phones. The endpoints that do not support this feature are Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), Media Gateway Control Protocol, H323, virtual endpoints, and phones logged in through extension mobility cross cluster."

Please note that there are two service parameters settings for this feature:

1. The Maintenance Time Cisco Database Layer Monitor Service Parameter - This specifies when the Phone Status Update Window starts. The default is 00:00 (midnight).
  2. The Phone Status Update Window Cisco Database Layer Monitor Service Parameter - This specifies the duration, in hours, for the Phone Status Update Window. The default is 12 hours.

This means that all database writes will start at midnight local time, and be spread over a 12-hour duration.