<CiscoIPPhoneMenu>
  <Title>Title text goes here</Title>
  <Prompt>Prompt text goes here</Prompt>
  <MenuItem>
   <Name>The name of each menu item</Name>
   <URL>The URL associated with the menu item</URL>
  </MenuItem>
</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

Which works just fine on the 7941. However on the 7940 & 7960 when calling the service it just gives an HTTP 202 Status code.

Im wondering what could cause such a problem, are there any know firmwares for the 7940/7960 which has issues with phone xml?

regards Nino

12 Replies 12

nmw000007
Level 1
Level 1

Hmm my phone xml are actually:

</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

<Prompt>Prompt text goes here</Prompt>

<CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

So I guess it could be because I do not define a menu ?

Very likely - the phones expect the XML to be 100% accurate; no case inconsistency, no odd white space, no spelling errors.. no missing attributes :-)

If you don't actually want a menu, don't use a menu object; plain text can be shown with an object like so:

<CiscoIPPhoneText>

<Prompt>The prompt text goes here</Prompt>

<Text>The text to be displayed as the message body goes here</Text>

</CiscoIPPhoneText>

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yeah my idea too, so I cleaned it up.

Heres the exact output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<CiscoIPPhoneText>
  <Title>Hunt gruppe menu</Title>
  <Prompt>System fejl, ukendt telefon</Prompt>
  <Text>System fejl, ukendt telefon</Text>
</CiscoIPPhoneText>

And tada.... Still not working on the 7940

Do you still get error 202? Having re-read the original post I think you have a server-side error.. See this URL for a description of it : http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

The error is returned from your web server; normally you would return a code 200 with the content. I suspect something the 7940 is requesting may be causing your web server to error.

I would do a packet capture of the traffic; you can do this on your web server most easily and compare the request/response from a working phone to the equivalent from a 7940 (or post it back here).

It may also be worth checking your logs or trying to debug your web code (not sure what you are running/coding in) as I think the error is almost definately at the server end.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Im using a Java / Rest / Jersey / Guice combo.. I'll take a peak with wireshark and see whats going on, and thanks for the hint..

Okay checking with wireshark yields the attached capture, working on the 7941 but not the 7940

Regards Nino

Hi Nino

There's no data returned to either phone in that capture... have you filtered it in some odd way?

grab.JPG

Aaron

Must have, I'll continue it tomorrow when near the hardware..

Ok this should display all the information.. Dont know what went wrong with the other one.

Hi Nino

I think the problem is the 202 return code; your web server is returning XML OK, but I think the older model phone is simply more picky about the return code. It will be looking for a 200 and seeing anything else as an error...

I'm not overly familiar with your web server but I suspect from doing a quick google that '202' means a request has been accepted and further stuff may occur; rather than a 200 which means 'we're all done'.

Maybe look into how you can get your server to return a 200?

Alternately if you can serve flat files, try returning the static XML with a normal 200 code maybe from apache/iis or something to prove the concept.

Aaron

Right on, changing it to 200 worked right away.. Thanks!

Great - happy to help!

Aaron