Views
Helpful
Replies

Play the Non-subscriber's ext no?

henry.ty.mak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As I know, Unity can only play the subscriber's ext no by default when users check with their own voicemail inbox. Since I need to play the non-subscriber ext no in the depolyment, anyone can advise me how to configure the Unity playing all the extensions without regard to the subscriber or non-subscriber extension.

Thanks and Regards,

Henry

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not real sure what you mean here... you can create internet subscribers which don't take a license and don't have a mailstore but do have an extension (and optionally a voice name and greeting) - these can then be found by other subscriber when addressing messages or, optionally, by outside callers looking them up in the name lookup handler and such.

is this what you're gunning for? If not, can you explain a little more about what it is you're trying to do? Statments like "Unity can only play the subscriber's ext no by default when users check with their own voice mail box" don't make any sense... I'm not real sure what you mean there.

Sorry to make you confused. Let me clarify the issue.

When a user listens to the new messages, Unity will play the sender's name. i.e. "New messages. "Extension 6XXX" sent message 1 left today 9:30am. ...... to repeat, press 1....etc"

The question is for some unidentified caller, Unity will not play the Extension no. Can I configure Unity to play the Extension no. even the senders are identified or unidentified callers?

Thanks

Not sure what version of Unity you're at, but in 4.0(3) and later you can enable caller ID (ANI) to be played out for non subscriber messages if the phone system provides that info - you can check out more information in the 4.0(3) release notes here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a00801b92bc.html#205166

there's a section on updated conversation support which includes "offering additional information during message playback" which is this feature